I made several small projects this past week. These 3 dishcloths were simple patterns from the Crochet Essentials book. With each one I learned something from my small mistakes so that by the time I made the 3rd one, I felt I knew much better what I was doing and it was mistake-free…LOL.
I started making baby hats for donation to a local hospital for the newborns. It took me a while to find a pattern that I was satisfied with. The hats need to be just the right size with enough stretch for the bigger heads. The two patterns that I found showed how to do a rib type stitch which definitely leds itself to stretchability.