I finished the small baby blanket! Unfortunately along the way, I did have to undo the original one and start over. My sides were tapering in severely, so I know I was missing stitches. I decided to make it easier on myself and just do single crochet where I knew I would not miss any stitches. I also ended up running out of the yarn I was using so I used another color to add a border to make it a bit larger. It is pretty small…only about 17″ x 25″, but I think it would be nice for a carseat or carriage blankie.
I think it may benefit from some blocking to shape it better, but overall…not too shabby for a first project! 🙂